he thyroid is a vitally important hormonal gland that plays a major role in the metabolism, growth and maturation of the human body. Part of the endocrine system, it helps to regulate many body functions by constantly releasing a steady amount of hormones into the bloodstream. More hormones are produced when the body needs more energy, like when it is growing or cold, or during pregnancy. The thyroid also controls other vital functions such as digestion, circulation, immune function, hormone balance, and emotions.
Please do everything you can to fix this gland. It is much harder to let the body heal itself when something of importance has been removed.
The leading causes of thyroid dysfunction include:
1) selenium/iodine/zinc deficiency
2) pesticides/chemicals/heavy metals
3) leaky gut syndrome
4) lack of dietary phyto-antioxidants
5) pathogens (mycoplasma)
6) inflammation from any of the preceding five causes
7) stress hormones that suppress function