Things you should be doing or taking during the winter months on a regular basis.
- Drink bone broth a couple times a week. It is great for digestion and strengthening the immune system. Nutrition researchers Sally Fallon and Kaayla Daniel of the Weston A. Price Foundation explain that bone broths contain minerals in forms that your body can easily absorb: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulfur, and more. They contain chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, which are compounds sold as pricey supplements to reduce inflammation, arthritis, and joint pain.
- Lemon water- use lemon essential oils and squeezed lemon. Lemon water benefits the enzyme functions in your body, stimulating the liver and flushing out toxins. The secret to lemon oils success appears to be d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant. Lemon essential oil is made from the rind of the lemon.
- Lymphatic drainage- use a dry brush to brush your body. Also, jumping up and down on a rebounder is great for lymphatic drainage and is not as hard on the body. You need to constantly be draining your lymphatic system so that it does not get clogged up and slow everything down; it is important to get the toxins to escape from the body.
- Colloidal Silver- dip a q-tip in Colloidal Silver and swab into nostrils and ears. Check for more info on Colloidal Silver here.
- Epsom salt bath- especially after dry brushing. Add grated ginger and a couple drops of essential oils in the water. It is great for detox and letting magnesium into the body, a much needed mineral for most people.
- Frankincense, Lavender or Myrrh are essential oils that should be applied on the bottom of your feet for boosting the immune system.
- Oil pull with Thieves essential oil
- Eat your garlic!
- Bacillus Coagulans, a Probiotic- take 2 pills twice a day in between meals. Can open capsules to mix with water.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil
- Eat more fruits and especially veggies! They are healer foods and provide antioxidants.
Add Vitamin B, C, and D. Vitamin B may possibly help boost your energy, balance hormones, fight adrenal fatigue, and break through brain fog
Vitamin B: there are several vitamin B’s that are important. If you need to take this in pill form, get a quality B complex vitamin because they work better together.
1) Green Leafy Vegetables
6) Beef Liver
10) Split Peas
Ways to get Vitamin D, a much needed hormone
1) Sunlight-Promotes vitamin D synthesis from cholesterol in the skin.
Vitamin C: Boosts the immune system
Some things you should be doing when you are beginning to get sick
- Take a shot of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar or put two tablespoons of vinegar in water, 3 times a day
- Make a vapor rub- use thyme oil, eucalyptus and peppermint in carrier oil and apply on chest and back
- If congestion is in your chest, put cayenne pepper with carrier oil on feet and on back.
- Add a drop of Oregano or Thieves essential oils with carrier oil on bottom of feet to help boost the immune system.
- Take 4 drops of Oregano oil (make sure it is a quality food grade) with carrier oil by capsule 3 times a day. If you do, make sure you are taking a probiotic at a different time of the day than the Oregano essential oil. The Oregano essential oil should only be taken for a short time, since it is such a strong oil(3-4 days). You can take Oregano, the herb, for a longer period of time.
- Astragalus – is a bitter herb that is from a root of the membrous milk vetch, a legume. It is great for boosting immune system and respiratory system.
- Slice a thin piece of garlic and place on bottom of feet during night, you can secure the garlic with tape or a bandaid.
- Juice with grapefruit, orange and ginger
- Use Thyme oil or thyme herb, especially with a carrier oil on feet.
- Echinacea and Goldenseal— take 3 times a day. Echinacea stimulates production of white blood cells and Goldenseal root works well with Echinacea. They are both good for digestive and respiratory issues
- Oscillococciunum –homeopathic found at Walgreens and other drug stores. Always have on hand, because you want to start taking it as soon as you are under the weather.
- Marshmallow root, breaks up mucous, helps with respiratory and digestive issues and helps repair gut lining.
- You can place Cayenne Pepper with a carrier oil on feet and chest and upper back. Place a heating pad on back, where you put the cayenne pepper-carrier oil mixture. Cayenne pepper raises body pressure and opens up circulatory system.
- Colloidal Silver – great for just about everything!